The Academy Childcare and Preschool
- We are a state licensed Three Star Childcare Center and Preschool
- We are governed by the rules and regulations of The Tennessee Department of Human Services.
- Adult-to-child ratios meet or exceed three star standards and exceptional safety practices are followed.
- We have competent educators to provide your child with the critical early childhood academic guidance which will prepare them for higher school years.
The founder, Teramia Oliver, M.Ed. is a former Memphis City School Systems teacher. In this capacity, she observed that many children entering kindergarten did not have the necessary readiness skills. As a result, she founded The Academy in 1994 to address this problem, believing that a quality education unlocks the door to opportunity. Since our inception we have cared for and educated over 1000 children in the Memphis area.
- TECTA (Tennessee Early Childhood Training Alliance) trained early childhood professionals
- With Lead Teachers who have earned a C.D.A (Child Development Associates Degree) or are currently working toward the credential
- All teachers are required to maintain up-to-date knowledge and practical skills in their field through participation in professional development.
All faculty members at The Academy Childcare and Preschool are dedicated to providing a safe, healthy and loving environment for your child.